"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Has Sprung in North Texas!

Life is always so interesting in North Texas! Last Tuesday, I'm working busily during a severe storm and so very grateful I had not needed to travel to the job on the bus in the rain. Bam! I lost all Internet connection two hours prior to shift end. My boss "loved" it when I called from my cell to say I could not log back in until the connection was restored. (insert sarcasm here LOL)

We had several people taking off Good Friday, so it was easy to make up the time. I may no longer draw the same salary that prior jobs have provided, but I enjoy going to work every day when I log in from my own home office and that is worth much more than money.

I also realized something Wednesday while the apartment complex was taking care of the flooding that had occurred below me during the storms. I may never be comfortable living on the ground floor again. Even 2 1/2 years later, the fear in severe storms still returns.

The positives are piling up for both my novel and on turning my paper crafting hobby into a profitable sideline. Saturday, I walked to the closest branch library and picked up some basic time lines for British and European history so that I could refresh my memory on events that may or may not make their way into "The Great American Novel" (I call her TGAN for short). Katrina was on my mind there as well; the history section had several volumes on post-Katrina Louisiana and I tried to check them out but found myself shaking as I was holding them--guess I'm not quite ready yet.

I love the library--it must be in my blood! My first job ever was as a volunteer page because I was too young to work for a salary at the time. When I turned 16, I was hired as the youngest page (to that point) the Dallas Public Library had ever employed.

While waiting for collage elements to dry this weekend, I researched Pay Pal payment acceptance and will be establishing my Memory Works' Consultant website within the next couple of weeks. The link will be posted prominently here when the site goes live, so come visit and shop!

I am still researching digital cameras but have arranged the purchase of Photoshop Elements to learn digital design. I'd love to find some online tutorials for total newbies (any ideas?)

I have the distinct feeling that my "Books Read" list for March will be much shorter than the prior two months' this year--too busy moving on with life. Something about Spring makes me want to accomplish some more of my dreams. Research and playing with paper, ink, paint and glue are so much more fun than Spring cleaning, don't you think? After all, art today may keep the doctor away...

No comments:

Post a Comment