"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ode to Organization

Okay--I used to pride myself on 1) my phenomenal memory, especially for numbers; 2) my ability to remember where I stored something for easy retrieval; and 3) my PC storage system for information access.

Nobody ever told me that getting older just might mean that I should re-think the amount of information I expect my brain to store just in case it should be needed...

Has anyone else ever saved beaucoups of bookmarks to their PC and then can't remember why they were saved or been totally unable to find a specific cool idea and you just KNOW you saved the link???

My past several hours have been spent re-organizing the blog links I have saved because they were interesting. Since I can't "label" them with notes in IE7, I am making a paper list of many that I know I will want to access older posts from on a regular basis--especially those showing specific papercrafting techniques. This list will then go into my small notebook that stays handy at all times, along with my wish lists for tools, stamps, art supplies and other miscellaneous crafting info.

The project started because my dear crafting friend Beverly had sent a link to an inexpensive coil binding machine as an alternative to a Bind-It-All, and now neither of us can locate that post. (Of course, she has been busy setting up her new blog http://gottheartart.blogspot.com/ and has even tried to tell me over the phone how to post pictures).

So if you know of an inexpensive coil binding machine for personal use, please send the link...and if you know better ways to organize computer info, please help!!!! Meanwhile, I'll be back soon with additional posts on organization for those of us who suffer from CRS as we mature (CRS=Can't Remember Stuff/S***).

No comments:

Post a Comment