"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Oops! Missed the Deadline (AKA Gotta Get More Organized)

Well, I misread the deadline for Jingle Belles this week and missed being able to enter the "No Red, She Said" challenge by a few hours :-(

I've tried to play there faithfully but just couldn't find my creative mojo this week where crafting is concerned (although I did outline a few chapters for my novel).  I need to work out a schedule of sorts I guess--a way to keep track of the posting days and the deadlines for the card challenges I enjoy.  So far, it's been hit or miss (mainly miss) and I want to get more organized. 

So, you card makers out there--how do you keep track?  On a calendar?  Make a daily/weekly chart?  What works for you?  All I know is what is not currently working for me...

3 comments:

  1. I tend to keep a challenges folder in my blog reader & star all the ones I find interesting. Then when I sit down to create, I see which ones I want to do. If it's a weekly challenge or design team obligations, I do keep a separate creative calendar, so I don't miss anything. Hope you'll join us when the new, very cool, challenge goes up on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i "keep track" using a sort of "KRAMERESQUE" paradigm (by which i mean, "it's all 'up here, baby'"...taps head) ;) so yeah...i forget about things at times...

    re your "no red" card...go ahead and post it with the next one. or post it now and leave another comment! (as you can see, we do still check afterwards!) and of course, there is NOOOOOOOOOOOO obligation, you know, to do ALL the prompts...but we do LOVE to see your cards! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. note to self: LAUREN'S AN IDIOT!!! (& needs to learn how to use THE SCROLLY THING on her mouse!!!) apologies! please excuse me whilst i (bleatedly) read the post below this! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete