"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Altered Notebook (since Anything Goes) for Paper Players

Paper Players' Challenge this week is Anything Goes, so I chose not to make a card.  I am a notebook junkie, but I hate using plain, boring composition notebooks, especially when working on my novel.  I've wanted to use this Stampin' Up! Newsprint DSP for quite a while, and I needed a new notebook specifically for trivia about New Orleans...this paper just seems to put me into a New Orleans circa 1862 frame of mind LOL. 

The lace is the Raven Lace (recently retired from the Holiday Mini) and after cutting the Top Note die and using the outside to frame part of the paper, I took the actual die cut shape, turned it 90 degrees, and die cut it again to make the wonderful square medallion on the bottom (it also gave me a set of parentheses/brackets that will show up soon on a card...)  And once more, my apologies for the photo; the book looks much better in person.  The Take Note oval stamp is from the Notably Ornate stamp set.

The Paper Players Blog Hop is also still active, so go check it out and then play with us, since "Anything Goes"...they are a fun group of ladies!

Here's the video that inspired the new way of cutting my Top Note:

5 comments:

  1. What a fabulous altered notebook! I like the vintage feel. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the vintage elements and the Raven lace is the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your notebook is great. Love the way you used the negative to highlight a key piece of the paper. Those papers are wonderful.Thanks for leading us to a great video also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely notebook---I hope it is quite helpful in jotting down your novel notes! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this vintage altered notebook! The DSP does look like New Orleans:-) Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete