"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Monday, February 7, 2011

Buttons, Bows and Scarves

Once more, a serendipitous situation for this harried crafter--my two favorite Christmas Card Challenges, Bah! Humbug! and Jingle Belles unknowingly coordinated their challenge so I could use one card for both ;-)

I had been putting this card together already for Bah! Humbug! who had asked for Buttons and Bows when I found out that Jingle Belles was asking for scarves, mittens, hats or earmuffs, and guess what my snowman buttons are wearing?  Voila--hats and scarves LOL!

No clue where the snowman and snowflake buttons originated--they are from my quilting days when I collected funky buttons, as are the tiny navy buttons.

The top fold card is Stampin' Up! Naturals Ivory, with a Whisper White Top Note die cut that was then run through the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  Not Quite Navy Ink was used direct-to-paper on the die cut and sponged around the edges of the card.  I'm not usually fond of using wide ribbon on cards, but the Not Quite Navy striped ribbon loosely knotted here so resembles a scarf that I feel it is the perfect finish to the card.  I didn't use a sentiment because if I send it to OWH or From Our Hearts, it could be used for a winter anniversary or birthday or "thinking of you" type card...hope you enjoy it!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collection of buttons there - and a great idea not to put a sentiment on till the last minute. Must remember that idea. A very cute card.
    Thanks for joining us again at Bah! Humbug!
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh this is GREAT! i love that you were able to combine the two challenges sooooo very seamlessly... (sorry, no quilting pun intended there!) ...good golly those little snow men are ♥♥♥CUUUUTE♥♥♥ aren't they?! such a fun and happy card!

    ps: i am totally in favor of leaving "neutral" cards w/o a sentiment until i am ready to use them. to me it just MAKES SENSE! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute, not usually a fan of fat ribbon, but you're right, very scarf like. Another clever creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those snowman buttons! And I ADORE that big, fat ribbon. LUSCIOUS!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh too cute!! Love the buttons they are a personal fave!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete