"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Doily Card with No Red

This is a quick post under the wire for Bah! Humbug! and Jingle Belles...Bah! Humbug! wanted one or more doilies and Jingle Belles was "No Red, She Said" so once more I combined them and then I am hitting the hay for the night.  (OT again today LOL)  Maybe someday I will get more than one card done in a week?

Don't fault the picture please--the card is quite nice and dimensional in person (all products except the dollar store doilies are Stampin' Up!).  Baja Breeze background with snowflakes in Baja Breeze and Marina Mist; the brads are Tempting Turquoise and a single silver glitter brad on top of the tree.

The tree base is Soft Suede edged in Always Artichoke and is punched from the new Build A Cupcake punch.  The folded doilies were all crumpled and then inked (direct-to-paper)--the top one in Wild Wasabi, the middle in Garden Green, and the bottom in Always Artichoke.  They were then folded and inserted inside each other (just a tip--Sticky Strip is really needed to hold it all together without crushing the ruffly parts).

It's tactile but not girly; Christmasy but not red...hope you like it ;-)

5 comments:

  1. Whoo...hooooo Linda!
    I've been waiting all week for someone to make a 3D doily tree and - unless I've missed an entry - thought it wasn't going to happen. But you did one for me and what a beautiful example it is! Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, I like it, those snowflakes really set it off, great bling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow love your tree - how clever is that? It looks stunning. Congrats on making Max's day.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! Dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok ♥WOW♥! now that is an AWESOME card all round...and amazing bit of engineering...AND...a brilliant use of absolutely NO RED at all! love this! clever AND gorgeous! well done, you! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok. I'm going to admit this. I am not a fan of doilies, but here's the thing with your card....this looks WONDERFUL!! And honestly, had I not known you'd used doilies I wouldn't have guessed so "wooooooo!!!" to YOU! :D

    Love the background and your choice of colors in this beautifully designed non-red card! Superb!

    ReplyDelete