"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oldies for Bah! Humbug!

Bah! Humbug! has challenged us this week to use oldies--stuff we have had stashed away and perhaps even forgotten we had. So, the only "current" Stampin' Up! item on this card is actually the Chocolate Chip frame and the piece of Very Vanilla the trees are stamped on...

I've loved this Patterned Pines set from Stampin' Up! ever since it came out, but it is retired, as are the colors I used here--Cranberry Crisp and True Thyme were both In Colors for 2007 but I always loved them and couldn't wait to pull them out for this card.  The herringbone DSP is actually from a retired set called Autumn Meadows and the corduroy button/brad combo were Kraft and retired before Kraft was renamed Crumb Cake.  The bottom piece is a button and the top piece was a Kraft brad that I rolled and smooshed over the Cranberry Crisp pad because unfortunately I was unable to get re-inkers in 2007 for any of the In Colors before they sold out (won't make THAT mistake again LOL).  Really Rust and Cranberry Crisp were patted onto the Very Vanilla cardstock layer with plastic wrap--I LOVE that technique...

And I love how simple and easy this challenge was after the "cracker" challenge last week--ladies, thanks for giving us a bit of a break LOL!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is like a walk down memory lane with these retired colors and papers! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda,
    thanks for the trip down memory lane! I loved the Patterned Pines set and it works so well on your card!
    If your bucket list is anything like mine, I will be well over 100 before I get everything ticked off! So, what are you planning to tick off this year.
    I too enjoy history and genealogy. Tracing my ancestors and placing them in historical context has been fascinating for me.
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog on the Paper Players blog hop. I really appreciated it
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how you did those trees, wonderful card all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda ... I promise you that I'm behaving =) Ann makes sure of that lol!
    Another fabulous card from you this week and what a lovely list of 'oldie but goldie' supplies you have incorporated from your stash. It's horrid when companies discontinue our favourite playthings, even though we know they need to refresh their products and bring out new lines. Those tree stamps are just awesome BTW. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card - I just love those trees. Stampin up do some amazing products and are always bringing out new which is great but just cause things are 'retired' doesn't mean they are past it. LOL - think there are a lot of senior citizens out there who will agree with that.
    Ann xxx
    Bah! Humbug! DT

    ReplyDelete