"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Thursday, October 1, 2009

'Tis The Hero Holiday Card Challenge



World Card Making Day is Saturday and what better way to celebrate than to make cards for our troops to use to keep in touch with their loved ones?

This is the new name for cardsforheroes.org and while they are specifically challenging all card makers to provide holiday cards, they have an ongoing need for all occasion cards as well--birthday, anniversary, cards to send to children--please spend a few minutes at their awesome site and if you can find it in your heart to make a few extra cards during any of your crafting sessions, this is a great place to send them.

I also want to challenge all the Stampin' Up! demonstrators out there who may have sample cards made up from discontinued products--if they are A2 size, why not send them to a soldier? You all know you do your best work on your samples; any soldier would be delighted to have those cards to send to their family back home.

My focus will be autumnal/Thanksgiving cards and a dear friend intends to make Christmas cards that day. Hopefully, I'll remember my camera and can post some of our results...

No comments:

Post a Comment