"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mesquite Mania

I can't believe I forgot my camera! The vendors at the Mesquite, Texas Stamp Scrap Art Tour this year are amazing! I'm a devoted veteran of the Grapevine, Texas semi-annual Rubber Stamp Convention provided to us by Heirloom Productions http://www.heirloompro.com/ (and recently learned some of their vendors only attend the January show--I wonder if it is related to the Texas heat in July? Hmmm...).

Let's back up a bit...while at Grapevine in July 2008, a group of us decided we wanted to experience the Mesquite show in January. Beverly and I had both been considering the idea for a while; Cheryl was a newbie stamper then with all the excitement of winning the Golden Ticket to explore Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory; and Doylene has been a scrapper for years who is just now branching more and more into stamping and cardmaking.

From stepping through the door and finding a treasure trove of techniques being taught all the way through the great prize drawings (and no, none of us won--the drawings were just exciting), it was a marvelous day. A bit of warning: the floors are concrete so wear very comfortable shoes and the food vendor left a lot to be desired both in selection and food quality. Luckily there are several fast-food options close by and with the wristband, you can come and go. The entrance fee also covers both days and some people were definitely going to attend that way so they could partake of the many demos in a more leisurely fashion.

It was a super day for everything but my wallet LOL! I went for a few specific things, but of course, came away with many more. Stand-out booths for me were:

Please consider coming down next year and having a great time...I know I plan on returning (and no, there is no compensation for me from any of this--just have to share the cool convention fun!)

No comments:

Post a Comment