"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year! Counting My Blessings!

Here it is, 2009, and I missed many chances to write, rant, and rave the last several months--from the election (Good Luck, President-Elect Obama) to several crafting days followed by a birthday (53 and still going strong LOL), then the busy holiday season, I have been Blessed to laugh, cry and in general experience a wonderful life to the fullest.

It has been said that the things one chooses to accomplish the first day of a new year are the things that will remain important throughout that year. Today is a day to write. It is a day to clean house. It is a day to eat healthy food. It is a day to craft. It is a day to reflect on my blessings--friends who love and support me; good health (for an obese middle-aged woman); a wonderful job with a supportive management team and a stable income; faith in a Higher Power than sustains me even when I don't always take the time to acknowledge Her presence as I should; and life in a country that for all its faults, still presents untold opportunities for success.

May you also be Blessed this year with all you deserve and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment