"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Making of A Royal Romance by Katie Nicholl - finished 1/10/2012. PB, NF. 4 stars

This is the updated edition of William and Harry: Behind the Palace Walls, revised to include the courtship of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, but still released before the wedding plans were even finalized.  It was a quick read; the author has followed the two Princes for many years and presented a pretty straightforward biography of both young men.

I'm an unabashed Royal watcher and was in the mood for something akin to comfort food.  For me, biographies often fit that bill better than mysteries because with a mystery, I'm having to think to follow the plot, whereas with a biography, I can simply sit back and learn.  This volume fit that need fabulously.

1 comment:

  1. Hadn't quite thought of mysteries in that way, but I can see your point.
    Left you a little award over at my place.

    ReplyDelete