"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pink and Green Christmas Cracker

I'm not sure about pink for Christmas...of course, I am SO not a pink person ;-)

But I committed to a couple of Christmas card challenges for 2011 and boy, are they wanting me to stretch my creative muscles way more than I have in the past!  The Bah! Humbug! challenge this week is a Christmas cracker and as a good ole Southern gal from Texas, I'm not all that familiar with crackers, even if I have read a bit about them.  Then add in the Jingle Belles challenge of pink and green, and I was almost whupped.  But, I finally came up with this:

I used Old Olive, Pear Pizzazz, Regal Rose and Blushing Bride (all from Stampin' Up!), and even though the picture doesn't show it that well, the cracker is dimensional--it was crimped and then folded under top and bottom so the Pear Pizzazz DSP ends could be folded and tucked under the edges.   Another smaller crimped piece of Blushing Bride was inked with Regal Rose then the punched snowflakes (again Pear Pizzazz DSP) were added along with a smaller Regal Rose snowflake stamped onto Whisper White.  The "JOY" is a portion of a stamp from the "Season of Joy" set from SU!  (Thank heavens it is Sale-A-Bration because I really need to order some more Christmas sets LOL)

Okay, Jingle Belles did say light pink (Blushing Bride), dark pink (Regal Rose), and lime green.  The closest I got to "lime" was Pear Pizzazz (looks kinda like the inside of a lime to me) and Old Olive (which sorta resembles the outside skin of a lime, right?)...so I hope they let me slide by.

8 comments:

  1. oh wow, YES, certainly, that is TOTALLY lime-ish! but frankly, even if it was DARK GREEN or turquoise i'd give you the "go" since you've already gone above and beyond by using the TWO PINKS...and brilliantly improvising that gorgeous dimensional christmas cracker! serious bonus ninja points to you for both creativity AND insouciant willingness to try new stuff! ...plus...it's just such a ♥FUN♥ card, too! well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Thumbs up on this one. Love it and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were so many pink-a-phobes out in the creative corners of the world ... but so very glad you pushed on through to make this fabulous holiday design ... lime, pear, it's all fruit to me ... thanks for joining us on our jingle belle journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! I love the cracker!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cute! Love the idea of a cracker on a card, very cool. The green with touches of pink is well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty use of the colors. I also loved that you crimped the papers. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda ... sorry I'm running late with commenting but can only manage short sessions at the computer in between painkillers. However, I couldn't resist a peek at all our cracker challenge entries ... and I'm soooo glad I made the effort! Your cracker card is wonderful - love the colour combination and the thought you have put into making your wee cracker. Well done and thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

    Luv'n'Stuff
    Max
    xx
    Max's Craft Creations
    Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete