"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Office Relocation

Here's what I did this past weekend (with tons of help from a BFF who brought her hubby and son along to manhandle furniture)...you can see the before pictures on a prior post. 

Here's my new office desk.  The small table to the right shows where the studio part of the room begins--it holds my die-cut machine on top with various accessories and my current Stampin' Up! wood mount stamps are in that cart as well.  The desk itself is from Staples and the husband/son combo mentioned above were my knights in shining armor to put it--and its twin--together.  I love my balance ball chair!  The ergonomics are superb and I can also use the ball separately for quick stretching sessions on my breaks ;-)  The small cart to the left is under the window and holds my paper shredder, my "to be filed" papers, and my boom box (gotta have classic rock while I work LOL).

Then, here's my "personal" side of the room, where I handle household business.  It is set up in such a way that I can easily do research for my novel and also work my SU! business.  Since the room is bigger, the claustrophobia is gone and I no longer want to run from the room when my work shift is over LOL.  It is also amazing what having matching furniture in this room is doing for my self-confidence.  I already feel more professional about both my writing and Stampin' Up! as a part-time job.  And I have to mention the printer--it duplexes!  I've posted before that I am an old-fashioned researcher who highlights research materials and rough drafts.  Well, being able to print in draft mode and auto-duplex is a great way to save paper and ink! 

In case you are wondering, the network cabling went off without a hitch--I still need to hide it under the carpet as it runs through my bedroom and the living room, but the distance from the modem to the router was no problem after all, which was such a Blessing!

The part of the room to the left of my personal desk will eventually hold my sewing table (I hope to get that part of the room organized next weekend).  Then comes a shelf unit with various crafting supplies.  The closet is a walk-in and is currently transitioning from my clothes to general storage so may be photographed later but certainly not yet ;-)  Between the closet and the bathroom door (this room was designed to be the master bedroom), I have placed a shelving unit and my fan.  I'll add those pictures to my next post so I can show off the studio side of the room...

No comments:

Post a Comment