"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Monday, March 22, 2010

Marvelous Mail on Monday

Look what wonders I got in the mail today!

My friend Beverly over at GottHeartArt mailed me this great card (she does awesome work--she's been published in both the April 2010 edition of Scrap and Stamp Arts and the Spring 2010 issue of Just Cards!)...it is wonderful to receive any mail at all that does not pertain to business, but to open the mailbox and find a handcrafted card made especially to lift your spirits?  Man, that is a Marvelous Mail Day!  (If you want to know the particulars about the stamp, papers, etc., her challenge post about this card is here).
I have been having a bit of a time with certain scenes in "Don't Trust the Rain", but this gem of a card and the sentiment behind it is the encouragement I needed to move past this rough spot and continue the tale.  Once more, I have been reminded to put the words on the paper now and edit the dross away later--just keep seeking the end of the story  ;-)



2 comments:

  1. I'm constantly reminding myself to just get the words down and worry about the rest later. Beautiful card!

    Just found you through Writing Mommy. :)

    ReplyDelete