My "bucket list" is far too long to post here, and many of the items listed will rely on certain other accomplishments occurring first, so let's simply concentrate on ten things I want to achieve this year. I figure ten achievements for each year of the next decade, and by 2020, I will have crossed off 100 "bucket list" items, and that is certainly not too shabby, especially since 2020 also brings my 65th birthday LOL!
So here are my "10 for 10 in 2010" goals (in no particular order):
- Obtain a passport. Travel to Canada is no longer possible without one, and I'd love to make a trip to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.
- Complete the manuscript of "Don't Trust the Rain" in time to start the rough draft of "Lightning Strikes Home" during NaNoWriMo 2010 in November.
- Participate in NaNoBloMo at least one month this year, so don't be shocked at some point to find a post a day here (not until after shift bid in February at work, though).
- Stampin' Up! has 48 exclusive colors in four color families. I want a Classic Ink Pad in each color, and only have ten so far, so by December 31, 2010, I want to own the other 38 colors. Bonus goal would be to also have the markers and refills.
- Replace my glass-top dining table with a table made of real wood (and wood chairs to match LOL). Here's the one I really want, as it will also serve as a great writing desk in my uber-tiny dining room.
- Pay off one of my student loans, and then put that monthly amount into savings.
- Post at least one card or other creative project on this blog each month, using exclusively SU! products.
- Complete the annual 100-Book Reading Challenge. I'll be posting my list of completed books here. Just scroll to the bottom and the list will be under the HGTV Green Tips widget.
- Join (and attend) a local writer's group. The challenge in this is finding a group that is available by public transportation.
- Exercise a minimum of fifteen minutes a day at least four times a week. I have the equipment. I just need to establish the habit ;-)