"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Removing A Page Element I Love

With regret, I am taking my "This Day in History" widget from History.com off my blog. As much as I love the idea of having a widget that lets me find out what happened each day, I object to the fact that the ad page shows continually until the reader clicks it closed and only then can the history data be accessed.

I want to control what is advertised on my blog. It is not that I have a negative opinion of this widget's sponsor; I simply prefer to decide for myself what products appear on these pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment