"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Friday, April 10, 2009

"Artful Blogging"

I've enjoyed past issues of this rather costly magazine before, but the most recent (Feb/Mar/Apr 2009) issue has just blown me away! Not only because of the creativity of the artists whose blogs are featured, but most especially for the sheer encouragement to "jump on in"--to start from where I am as an artist/writer. As long as I am continuing to learn/grow/develop, it is more important to enjoy the journey than to strive to reach a possibly artificial destination. There are no final destinations, only resting spots on the way to the next leg of the trip around the wheel of life.

This issue has encouraged me to add more art to my blog, to post more often, and to even learn how to add a banner (hopefully soon to come).

Some folks have multiple blogs for their multiple interests and I have often allowed the OCD side of my personality to run rampant with a self-induced guilt trip that I have not followed that trend. This blog runs the gamut from my political rants to my desire for increased environmental awareness; from my book reviews to my organizational challenges; from my papercrafting to my memories of simpler times. "Artful Blogging" freed me from these niggling OCD thoughts. This blog reflects me. Just as I am NOT a one-dimensional person, my blog is not a one-dimensional work-in-progress.

So, who knows what will be posted next? Bookmarks or cards I have created? A book review? A rant regarding the commercialization of a religious holiday? New tips for living a greener life? A product review? Whatever it is, it will reflect an aspect of me--Linda Kay--and whether someone else enjoys or agrees, it will be an honest aspect of where I am in that moment. I hope you come back for more...

No comments:

Post a Comment