"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Monday, May 30, 2011

Thanks for Serving Our Country

Standing in the grassy sod bordering row upon row of white crosses in an American cemetery, two dungaree-clad Coast Guardsmen pay silent homage to the memory of a fellow Coast Guardsman who lost his life in action in the Ryukyu Islands., ca. 1945 ARC Identifier 513229






















I chose this photo (courtesy of this site) in honor of my late father who served in the Coast Guard during WWII in the Pacific.  Thank you, Dad.

And thank you to all the other veterans of all the other conflicts and wars we seem to get enmeshed in...you protect our freedom and deserve our accolades.  May the Creator Bless you and your families today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment