"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Thursday, May 1, 2008

Blessed Beltane/May Day to All

"I sing of brooks, of blossoms, birds, and bowers;
Of April, May, of June, and July-flowers,
I sing of May-poles, Hock-carts, wassails, wakes,
Of bride-grooms, brides, and of their bridal-cakes." ~~ Robert Herrick

Today is May Day--historically a day for celebrating the earth and the renewal of life. Flowers and gardens are reappearing. What better time to read a garden mystery? Courtesy of my friend Beverly and her Mom, Veda, I have a new author to collect--Janis Harrison. Book four of her series, A Deadly Bouquet, really sucked me in today and left me wanting more of Bretta Solomon. I give it a 5/5 stars and entered it into my Amateur Sleuth Challenge list (see the bottom of my blog).

My compost bin is coming along well, but I still have no worms. I hope to find some at a local garden center this month.

Renewal is happening in other areas as well. My work hours will be changing Monday to accommodate staff changes--I'll now work a split shift Monday thru Friday with the advantage being I need not go back to Saturdays. My evenings may be interrupted, but I'll have a long enough break during the day to run errands.

Soon, you will see a post letting you know my Memory Works website is live. Once the new catalog is available in print, I'll open the website. We carry great products and have a monthly kit that combines great products from some of the paper industry's most popular companies.

Speaking of paper, Saturday is National Scrapbooking Day. If you are a scrapper or papercrafter, I hope you spend time that day creating. Here's one of my favorite sites for downloads (now she's featuring Mother's Day thru May 11): http://countdown.tentwostudios.com

What are you celebrating this May Day? What renewal is Blessing your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment