"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing." ~ Dame Agatha Christie



Sunday, April 6, 2008

Two Busy Weeks

Are days and hours getting shorter? I log off the work PC at 5:30 and the next thing I know, I turn around and it is midnight! Blog ideas flit into my head while working on something else and then they fly away like Tinkerbell headed for Neverland...guess I need to work on my focus.

Much good has been accomplished lately, and I love my busy life. I actually took a vacation day (more for my mental health than anything) and used it to attend the Grand Opening of my local Half Price Books (www.halfpricebooks.com) where I picked up quite a few bargains. I spent fifty cents for a paperback Russian/English dictionary that has already contributed to several collaged bookmarks made for friends. The store was smaller than I expected, but the selection is marvelous. It also sits between a Home Depot and a Lowes so I restocked my paint sample supply. I stil haven't worked up the courage to ask for old wallpaper books though; I don't really know why that has always been so hard for me--I read where others do it all the time. Maybe next time...

Recent art purchases include a Melting Pot, UTEE, and a Crop-A-Dile thanks to 50% off deals at Michaels. I also got a great buy on Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 through a friend...and continued to research digital cameras.

So, I'm a few steps closer to posting pictures of my work; just not there yet. Living on a cash-only basis has many rewards but it also means progress is measured differently. No debt hanging over my head is liberating...choosing between art supplies and groceries is sometimes tough LOL!

One of the mantras I picked up lurking on a Yahoo group site is "Make Art Everyday" and I have been able to spend some time each day since this blog started in some artistic pursuit. It's as if simply putting my hopes and dreams and wishes out into cyberspace is making me more aware of them on a daily basis. If I'm not playing with paper, I'm researching history for my novel or I'm looking up techniques for altered art or cardmaking.

So, sporadic or not, this blog has already made 2008 the year I move forward on my "bucket list" goals. Life is good and living may not always easy, but it is certainly rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment